Friday, June 1, 2012

The Sweet Surprises of My Week

So I am not a girl who likes outrageous surprises like surprise birthday parties.  I have been told that I am "too practical," therefore big surprises make me nervous.  However, I love sweet little surprises.  When someone sends me flowers or drops me a note in the mail, my day is made a thousand times better.

As you know from my recent blog post, I celebrated a birthday last week.  My shop is open on Saturdays, and I had bunches of cake orders.  Last Saturday was super busy.  One of my favorite customers came in to buy cupcakes and surprised me with a handmade card with a bee on it.  My heart completely melted.  I also received a birthday card from my great aunt who is in her 90s and a card from a friend who lives in another state.  The fact that these people took time to remember me on my special day meant so much.

My week continued on a happy note when my dad surprised me with caps and visors for The Tipsy Bee.  I recently had t-shirts made with The Tipsy Bee logo.  He thought that the head gear would be a nice addition to the t-shirts to advertise my business.  My dad was just looking for a way to help promote my business.

Sometimes it is not the big gestures in life but the small ones that mean the most... XOXO The Tipsy Bee

1 comment:

  1. Very true. Glad u had a nice birthday! My family and I enjoyed our little visit to The Tipsy Bee on your birthday. You have such a wonderful thing going and I wish you all the best in the world.

    ReplyDelete